The Florida Airports Council (FAC) is an association of over 100 publicly owned and operated airports and nearly 250 corporations that support the aviation industry in Florida. FAC provides industry input into decisions affecting airports through communications with local, state, and federal leaders.
Aviation is a vital part of Florida's economy and airports contribute over $144 billion annually to the state's economy. Realizing the necessity to attract the best future aviation professionals to Florida, FAC established the Educational Foundation in 1990 to:
Further the professionalism of FAC members so they may better perform their duties and responsibilities
Financially assist students pursuing degrees in aviation.
Since 1990, FAC has awarded $368,100 to 149 students.
2020 Scholarship Recipients
- Estelle Jules, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- Garth Cumberbatch, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- Tyler Kasperski, Florida Institute of Technology
- Gabriella Ferra, Florida Institute of Technology
- Samuel Owens, University of South Florida
- Hualong Tang, University of South Florida
2019 Scholarship Recipients
- Luis Freile Montalvo, Florida Institute of Technology
- Juan Lopez, Florida Institute of Technology
- Michael Lynch, Florida Institute of Technology
- Gabriel Quinn, Florida Institute of Technology
- Gary-Dean Campbell, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- Michael Pawlak, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
THE 2020 SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION PERIOD IS NOW CLOSED.
For more information on the FAC Education Foundation contact:
Florida Airports Council
5802 Hoffner Avenue, Suite 708
Orlando, FL 32822
Ph: (407) 745-4161